The City of South Perth Local History Collection is a source of knowledge, ideas, stories and memories. It is developed and managed as a community resource to inspire, educate and inform the community and visitors and to contribute to the conservation of the history and heritage of the City of South Perth.
The collection provides and preserves information about the suburbs of South Perth, Como, Kensington, Manning, Karawara and Salter Point.
The Local History Librarian is available on weekdays from 9.30 am – 5.00 pm to assist with research queries. Please make an appointment in advance to view material in the archive.
Current Local History Projects
- Digitsation and cataloguing of historic maps and plans
- Transcribing oral histories
- Working with local groups to share Community Collections online
- Accessioning new donations
Recently Completed Local History Projects
- Digitizing the historic photograph collection
- Conversion of VHS tapes to digital format
- Cataloguing of Council Photoboards
- Conversion of Oral History cassettes to CD
- Creation of an Oral Histories Collection for loan
Local History Librarian
South Perth Library, Cnr Sandgate St & South Tce, South Perth, WA, 6151
(08) 9474 0800