Becoming a Temporary Member
If you are visiting Perth, did you know you can join City of South Perth Libraries as a Temporary Member? Temporary members must read and agree to the Membership Terms and Conditions and sign the Temporary Membership Register.
How to Join
You need to provide:
- Photo ID eg; driver’s licence, passport, 18+ card;
- Residential address in Perth (handwritten/verbally supplied);
- Contact phone number and email (handwritten/verbally supplied);
- Permanent residential address in Australia or overseas (handwritten/verbally supplied).
- There is no minimum age to join but those under 18 years of age require a signature from their parent or legal guardian.
Cost and Duration
Visitors and new residents can register as temporary members for a period of three months. There is a deposit of $60 per temporary member (cash payment), that is refundable at the end of the three month period. All loaned material must be returned in its original condition.
What can I borrow?
Temporary Members can borrow up to two items from the collection including:
- Books 3 week loan
- Audio books 3 week loan
- DVD’s 3 week loan
- CDs 3 week loan
- MP3s 3 week loan
- Magazines 3 week loan
As a temporary member, you have access to the collections at both Manning and South Perth library.
Becoming an Internet Only Member
Did you know that you can become an Internet Only member? Ideal for travellers, this membership entitles you to use the Internet only. There are no borrowing rights with this membership. You can use the library PCs for up to two hours. Internet only members are also able to use our full range of eResources. You must present your library card to use the PCs.
Internet Only Memberships are free.