South Perth Library - Cnr South Terrace & Sandgate Street
The South Perth Library and community centre was renovated in 2011. Serving as a dynamic community hub, the facility incorporates a much larger library, an adult learning centre, a child health centre and community spaces.
Designed by Peter Hunt Architects and built by Badge Constructions, the building includes innovative technologies and sustainability initiatives that minimise the building’s environmental footprint.
- Integrated security, light and power, air conditioning, shading systems (motorised blinds) and audio-visual systems
- Using renewable energy such as photovoltaic cells for power generation and solar heating for hot water
- Natural lighting and ventilation
- Innovative temperature management systems including northerly facing windows with glazing and under-floor air-conditioning
- Rainwater for collection and re-use, and low water use appliances
- Environmentally sensitive materials and recycling
Manning Library - 2 Conochie Crescent. Parking off Bradshaw Crescent.
The Manning Community Hub is a $14 million civic project to develop a precinct bounded by Bradshaw Crescent, Conochie Crescent and Welwyn Avenue. It is a landmark and iconic precinct for Manning and Salter Point, as well as the broader community.
This project was initiated by the City of South Perth in response to studies undertaken demonstrating that the existing community facilities were ageing and reaching the end of their useful life.
The library officially opened on January 30, 2017. Please see the City's website for up-to-date information.